Bathroom plumbing work is mostly behind the sealed walls. Many pipes run through flush tanks, sinks and showers in your toilet. In some cases, there are different drain pathways and two small ones join the larger one. Vent pipes pass the gases out of your bathroom. Therefore, know that even bathroom pipes work hard for you.
Faucets and sinks
There is a wide variety available in sink and faucets for your bathroom. Some faucets have three holes while others have a single handle above the spout. Some faucets are also motion or sensor activated. They also have various colors and finishes. On the other hand, you can also choose different sinks from under counter, over counter or pedestal. This also depends on space and size of the bathroom.
Even showers are available in different types. You can choose from the handheld, wall mount or overhead shower.
Fixing a drip faucet
A lot of water is wasted even if there is slow dripping. One may also get irritated with its continuous sound. You can try the following to fix a drip sink faucet –
- Turn off the valves at the mains below the sink. For the remaining water you can open the tap to empty it
- Remove the stem of the faucet by turning the screw clockwise. To see the screw that protects the handle you will have to pop off the cap.
- Many times, the stem will be the source of the issue. Replace a new gasket. To ensure wear or cracking see the rubber gasket. Get a perfect match with the old one for best results.
- Now reassemble everything back.
- Turn on the water and check the faucet. It shall be fixed.
Clearing clogged drain
Drain clogs often occur in sinks. It can also further obstruct the pipes. A sink plunger can solve this issue many times. If not, you can try certain things like pour boiling water into the drain. You can also try adding baking soda to the clog. All this may be tempting, but it is not advisable since these chemicals are harmful.
Hiring a plumber
If you desire to change your toilet or make an improved one, you should choose a certified professional to do so. If it is small job of just changing the toilet wax ring, you can do it yourself. However, for bigger issues like hidden water leakage or burst pipe, it is advisable you call a plumber. He should handle everything from unclogging up to installation. You must visit www.absolutedp.com for best plumbing services.